part of code showing up as text

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
barkskin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 18/10/2009 - 8:15pm
part of code showing up as text

img { border-width: 0px;} .content table tbody tr td {background-image:url(http://gfx.neomallers.com/shoplayouts/thanks/bg.jpg);background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: center;} .sidebar, #footer, .nav_image, .adBox2, .ad_wrapper, .ad_wrapper_fixed, .ban, #ban, div.ban, div#ban, #ban_spacer, #ban_bottom, #nst

showing up as text on the spooky market place shop page. other graphics show up just fine but this part shows up as text. i have the style tags around this part also.

-------------------------------------
*star*MODERATOR NOTICE | ** MOVED ** from NeoMallers Help to Neopets Misc
-------------------------------------

barkskin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 18/10/2009 - 8:15pm

more text showed up once i changed the shop text color and font still not sure whats wrong i keep messing with it and nothing seems to work

temps_bons's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/04/2009 - 10:58pm

barkskin wrote:
more text showed up once i changed the shop text color and font still not sure whats wrong i keep messing with it and nothing seems to work

Any style coding in your shop description shows up in the marketplace -- look at the shops in the huts -- those with none of that have absolutely no style coding in their shop. Perhaps this is the real reason many malls don't allow formatting in mall shops. I just put my style tags at the end of my shop description so it isn't the first thing in the hut under my name (comes after the shop & mall banner and my counter.

~ Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ temps_bons graphics ~
http://www.neopets.com/~Mimi_Miaulement

TKDJamesPakTKD's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 23/08/2009 - 9:48am

It looks like your hut has everything your shop has .. just plus extra coding. All of the graphics are there there so why not try and just delete the extra bit from your shop description ? (:

but then again you'll lose the cool blue font =/

-------------------------------
www.youtube.com/TKDJamesPakTKD
Check out my Martial Arts samplers Smile

barkskin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 18/10/2009 - 8:15pm

ya i was hoping to keep the extra stuff while still making my hut look professional. guess ill just have to get rid of the formatting. Thanx for the help though:)

six
six's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2009 - 7:30pm

I made my font white and put the coding after my mall banner. It is barely noticeable when it is white. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it either:(
(I'm in MI market with a shop size of 350 if you want to see how the white font looks-atlantissix is my user name)
I don't want to get rid of those extras either:)

temps_bons's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/04/2009 - 10:58pm

temps_bons wrote:
barkskin wrote:
more text showed up once i changed the shop text color and font still not sure whats wrong i keep messing with it and nothing seems to work

Any style coding in your shop description shows up in the marketplace -- look at the shops in the huts -- those with none of that have absolutely no style coding in their shop. Perhaps this is the real reason many malls don't allow formatting in mall shops. I just put my style tags at the end of my shop description so it isn't the first thing in the hut under my name (comes after the shop & mall banner and my counter.

~ Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ temps_bons graphics ~
http://www.neopets.com/~Mimi_Miaulement

Just putting my comments here again, only a little closer to the most recent post.

The white text is a great idea, how do you make the text inside your style tags white?

~ Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ temps_bons graphics ~
http://www.neopets.com/~Mimi_Miaulement

six
six's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2009 - 7:30pm

Quote:
The white text is a great idea, how do you make the text inside your style tags white?

I just use
font color="#ffffff"
I was thinking of trying to match the neopet's pink that is used on the boards. But that would be a little neurotic of me:P

temps_bons's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/04/2009 - 10:58pm

six wrote:
Quote:
The white text is a great idea, how do you make the text inside your style tags white?

I just use
font color="#ffffff"
I was thinking of trying to match the neopet's pink that is used on the boards. But that would be a little neurotic of me:P

Thanks, that was so simple it's just sad I didn't realize it was so easy! It looks so much better now. If I discover the actual color the marketplace has, I'll post it...let me try.

EDIT: color=#ffffcc

YOU ARE BRILLIANT, LOL!

~ Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ temps_bons graphics ~
http://www.neopets.com/~Mimi_Miaulement

six
six's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2009 - 7:30pm

Thanks Mimi! I used #ffffcc and you can't see the code at all!

temps_bons's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 10/04/2009 - 10:58pm

I just gotta bump this board because it's brilliantly simple and if anyone has looked at the marketplace -- it's a coding mess out there!!!

PEOPLE, do what we say in this thread! Lol

~ Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ temps_bons graphics ~
http://www.neopets.com/~Mimi_Miaulement

Pages