You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
perpette's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 27/01/2008 - 1:32pm
You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

So back to people being completely stupid. If a 6 year old kindergartner walked up to you with $60 to spend would you not question it???

My lovely little kindergartner just got off the bus today and announced she went to the book fair, pulling a massive stash out of her back pack. Apparently she took the 60 bucks in cash I had in my purse this morning. She is just learning the concepts of money and yes while it was extremely wrong she went in my purse, she also had no clue how much it was she was taking. In her head it was probably 3 dollars as there were 3 bills. Yet they let her spend it without question.

It's not like I dont have a history with the school either. I have already dealt with them the past 5 years for my son. I NEVER sent him in with money on his own and if we visited the book fair it was together.

I dont know.. is this normal for other people or something? I just cant fathom how they couldn't question it. *angry*

saudor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2007 - 12:30pm

Oh dear. And $60 is really big. I dont think anyone would give that much money to a kindergartner to say the least.

As for your "past history" it really depends on the school. If it's a small one, they would know but if it's big, most likely not.

But even then, a kindergartner dropping $60??

P.S. I'd really hate to be in her position right now Angel

-----------------------------
Protect your account
http://www.neopets.com/~punchback_bob
CG information & more

Soldier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/08/2009 - 7:47am

perpette wrote:
So back to people being completely stupid. If a 6 year old kindergartner walked up to you with $60 to spend would you not question it???

My lovely little kindergartner just got off the bus today and announced she went to the book fair, pulling a massive stash out of her back pack. Apparently she took the 60 bucks in cash I had in my purse this morning. She is just learning the concepts of money and yes while it was extremely wrong she went in my purse, she also had no clue how much it was she was taking. In her head it was probably 3 dollars as there were 3 bills. Yet they let her spend it without question.

It's not like I dont have a history with the school either. I have already dealt with them the past 5 years for my son. I NEVER sent him in with money on his own and if we visited the book fair it was together.

I dont know.. is this normal for other people or something? I just cant fathom how they couldn't question it. *angry*


Well from this day forward, keep your money out of your purse.
For the school's sake.. I would've took the students money and called the parents to see if the parent actually gave a 5 yr old $60.

Now if I was you, I would make your child KNOW what it is like to spend someone's money. Maybe give her an allowance, then take it away and spend it on something right in front of her. If she whines, tell her, well now you know what it is like.

Now, I'm poor, so $60 to me is like $1,000,000.

Maller | Restocker | Avatar Collector | Graphic Artist


______________________________________
Get protection from Cookie Grabbers:
/~Punchback_bob

lariboo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/12/2008 - 7:41pm

Quote:
Now if I was you, I would make your child KNOW what it is like to spend someone's money. Maybe give her an allowance, then take it away and spend it on something right in front of her. If she whines, tell her, well now you know what it is like.

Now, I'm poor, so $60 to me is like $1,000,000.

That bothers me. I have a 1 year old, and they do things they are not sure of. You do not do it back to them and expect them to think of that as a great lesson. Like we say 'not allowed' when he gets into things, and 'No' for big things that could hurt him. I would not let him do something on purpose to teach him a lesson. 2 wrongs do not make a right. She is 6 and is still learning the concept of money. Yes, she should not take things without permission, but at that age, sometimes a good conversation is all that is needed, or to let them know you are disappointed...Not be snarky and do it back. =/

Triciaroo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 01/08/2009 - 1:46pm

lariboo wrote:
Quote:
Now if I was you, I would make your child KNOW what it is like to spend someone's money. Maybe give her an allowance, then take it away and spend it on something right in front of her. If she whines, tell her, well now you know what it is like.

Now, I'm poor, so $60 to me is like $1,000,000.

That bothers me. I have a 1 year old, and they do things they are not sure of. You do not do it back to them and expect them to think of that as a great lesson. Like we say 'not allowed' when he gets into things, and 'No' for big things that could hurt him. I would not let him do something on purpose to teach him a lesson. 2 wrongs do not make a right. She is 6 and is still learning the concept of money. Yes, she should not take things without permission, but at that age, sometimes a good conversation is all that is needed, or to let them know you are disappointed...Not be snarky and do it back. =/

I agree with Lari. She's still learning and at least she spent it on something educational ;). Also, you've got a good story for when she's older! Hehe.
-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=triciaroo

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=triciaroo

Size 528/550
Target date: 16th September 2012

saudor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2007 - 12:30pm

Quote:
Maybe give her an allowance, then take it away and spend it on something right in front of her. If she whines, tell her, well now you know what it is like

lol that would only piss her off and not do anything productive.

-----------------------------
Protect your account
http://www.neopets.com/~punchback_bob
CG information & more

Artemis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 days ago
Joined: 16/08/2009 - 1:01pm

Right now I'm reading a chapter on Gender Stratification for Sociology. It's interesting to see how the guys would handle the situation with the 6 yr old and how the girls handle it. So far, Soldier has an Epic Fail Lol

perpette's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 27/01/2008 - 1:32pm

Soldier you approach it like that and your children will only rebel and give you the opposite of what you want, or reflect all of that negative energy back at you x10.

Oh she heard it thats for sure. She now understands more than ever how wrong it is to go into my purse and take anything, ever. She said she was afraid to ask daddy (who I found out was in the room at the time) because she was "shy", meaning she knew she would be told no. So she also was explained to how we have to tell her no for a reason sometimes. She didnt have a clue how much money it was and once I explained that it was A LOT of money and asked her what would happen if that was the money to buy us dinner. She realized then we wouldnt have dinner and started to cry. We also took the stuff back to prove the point of you cant have things you didn't have permission for. She got the point. Smile But it was an interesting afternoon to say the least.

Now the school, yes it is a smaller school. And our last name is supposedly hard to pronounce so everyone remembers it lol He told me she brought it in a zip lock baggie so he wasnt sure. (Little smarty pants knew to do that because thats how I send her lunch money lol) Its still not an excuse to believe a 6 year old would be allowed to carry that much money, much less spend it. She did ok with 3 books, but the rest was crap that would make anyone in their right mind question it. An $11 stuffed animal, a $9 address book, a $5 mini notepad. Seriously. I let her keep a book I promised she would pick out if conferences went well. He refunded the rest and then after I walked around looking at books for the other kids he had placed the stuffed animal in a bag and told me to keep it for my trouble, and that he wanted her to have it because she is such a sweetheart.

Soldier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/08/2009 - 7:47am

Artemis wrote:
Right now I'm reading a chapter on Gender Stratification for Sociology. It's interesting to see how the guys would handle the situation with the 6 yr old and how the girls handle it. So far, Soldier has an Epic Fail Lol

Haha, I don't want kids so I'm good.
I'll prolly forget about my child, or deny it! HAHA.

And I think all are girls are bitches (most likely think this because of my mom and my sisters..*lol*)
Maller | Restocker | Avatar Collector | Graphic Artist


______________________________________
Get protection from Cookie Grabbers:
/~Punchback_bob

Soldier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/08/2009 - 7:47am

Aww. So u did get a refund.. that's good.. I could not go back to the book fair.. I'd be sooo embarrassed saying "Uh, yea, my daughter spent $60 on your book fair crap, And I'd like my money back please, kay, thanks!"

.. Mostly like with an angry bitchy attitude.

Maller | Restocker | Avatar Collector | Graphic Artist


[/center]

______________________________________
Get protection from Cookie Grabbers:
/~Punchback_bob

Pip
Pip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 19/02/2009 - 5:36pm

Sad What a day. Glad it all worked out okay in the end! Very sweet of them to give her the stuff animal! Kiss 2

@Soldier
1.Since your a kid yourself your really not the best person to give parenting advice. Wink
2. Watch your language. Bitches get shit done kthx! Kiss 2

We weren't born to follow ♥

Pages